Oh, pasta… If I wouldn’t have solid evidence that I’m not Italian, based on my love for pasta, I could easily pass as an Italian.
I always find it difficult explaining people what it feels like to be a foodie. Food is not just to satisfy your hunger and nourish your body. Food is unbelievable tasty (if cooked properly) and all those amazing flavours should be enjoyed. Enjoying a good meal is a pleasure for me and preparing it is pure joy.
Although, as far as I researched, the chicken fettuccine alfredo is an Italian recipe, with an American twist. Apparently only in the US this recipe is made with cream. So, go, go, US!
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta Recipe
|Servings||Prep. Time||Waiting Time||Cook Time||Difficulty|
|4||10 mins||n/a||30 mins||easy|
What you will need
1. Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. They should be done in about 10 minutes, or less. Don’t forget to add some salt to the water.
What’s the difference between fettuccine and tagiatelle pasta? It’s just width thing. Fettuccine are wider that tagiatelle. They are basically the same thing, sinc they are made from the same ingredients.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic to taste. I personally like it more garlicky, but you can definitely add less.
3. In a frying pan, melt the butter and cook the chicken slices on both sides for a few minutes until they turn golden brown. I like the chicken to be nice and crispy (also brown) so I let it a few extra seconds.
4. Let the chicken cool down for a few minutes and cut it into bite-size cubes.
For the sauce
This step is the key to the yumminess of this recipe. Prepare the sauce in the same frying pan you cooked the chicken. Don’t wash the pan! This is quite nasty because in the pan there’s all that fat from the butter and the chicken and also the condiments. It’s nasty but so tasty. The fat and the garlic will give the Alfredo sauce an amazing flavour.
5. So, in the unwashed frying pan where the chicken was cooked, add the cream and let it warm up a little.
Did you know… that the Alfredo sauce is named after Alfredo di Lelio? He invented Pasta al Burro – a pasta recipe with butter and parmesan – to please his pregnant wife. He opened a restaurant in Italy where he sold his new discovery. Later, he opened a restaurant in NYC as well. – Source
6. Add the magic: parmesan cheese. Stir the mixture on low heat, until all the cheese is melted. At this point, I advise to taste it and see if it needs more salt and pepper. Although, I don’t think it would: the parmesan cheese is quite salty itself.
7. Add the chicken bites and the drained pasta to the sauce and mix everything well. You’re done!
These chicken fettuccine alfredo pasta are best served warm. They will still be tasty the next day, but the nasty pasta will absorb all the cream sauce and you will be left with nothing. So, that’s why I advise you to it them on spot.
Hope you liked this recipe. Don’t forget to give the other food recipes around here a go.
What is your favourite pasta dish? Let me know in the comments section!
Also follow on: