I can’t remember where I found the chicken salad wraps recipe, but for sure I was searching for easy lunch ideas.
If you are a 9 to 5 worker, then lunch is definitely not you biggest meal. Finding an easy recipe that you can put together fast and is yet delicious and healthy might sound complicated, but it is not. These chicken salad wraps should definitely be on your quick lunch ideas list.
Chicken Salad Wraps Recipe
Servings: 3-4 | Prep. Time: 30 mins | Waiting Time: n/a | Cook Time: 20 mins | Difficulty: Medium
- 250 grams shredded chicken breast (boiled);
- 3-4 wraps;
- shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese;
- 1 small chopped pickle;
- 2 Tbsp of sour cream;
- 2 Tbsp of mayonnaise;
- 1/2 tsp of hot chopped peppers or hot sauce.
- fresh chopped dill;
- spring onions.
1. Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and chopped hot pepper/hot sauce together to form a paste and add the chopped pickles. If you have any additional ingredients such as dill or spring onions, you can add them now as well.
2. Add the shredded chicken into the sauce and mix well. Ta – da! Your chicken salad is done!
3. Add some cheddar / mozzarella cheese on a wrap and add two tablespoons of the chicken salad on top.
Now, if you are like me, you will put some extra cheese, because cheese is amazing and melted cheese is even better. Anyway, don’t add too much because it will be difficult to wrap everything together.
4. Wrap it carefully and place is faced down in a hot pan. Flip the wrap to allow the cheese to melt.
I think that the most difficult part of this recipe is boiling the chicken breast. When you boil the chicken, clean the foam that it will form. The foam contains toxins from the meat and it is important not to let the chicken boil with the foam; just use a spoon to take the foam off.
This recipe is perfect for lunch because you can prepare it a night before and pop it in a lunch box and take it in the morning. It is really good cold too, but if you can the put them in a pan to melt that cheese and enjoy a delicious meal!
I really hope you like this recipe and that you find it useful. Also, don’t forget to take a look at other recipes around here & share them with your friends.