Christmas is – beside snow, family, carols and presents – about homemade cookies! I’m a foodie: I love food, I love to eat & prepare it. I love everything about food! And when it comes to cookies… my guilty pleasure.
These cranberry Christmas cookies are very easy to put together, yet delicious. You will need just seven ingredients, they bake in a blink and are delicious with hot milk or tea.
You will need:
140 grams of whole purpose flour;
100 grams of powdered sugar;
100 grams of dried cranberries (or any other dried fruit that you like);
100 grams of butter (at room temperature);
2 eggs (at room temperature);
5 ml of vanilla extract;
a pinch of salt.
First of all make sure that your butter & eggs are at room temperature. The soft butter will mix easier, while the at-room-temperature eggs will help the mixture not to separate.
1. First thing you got to do is to mix a bit your butter until it gets nice and soft. Add the powdered sugar and mix them both until they get a cream-like consistency. Add the vanilla extract as well.
2. Add the eggs, one of a time & mix until they are well incorporated. If they eggs are too cold, your mixture might separate and your Christmas cookies are doomed. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look pretty, it will all come together when you’ll add the flour.
3. Add the flour and salt and mix well until combined. You will end up with a very soft, sticky dough.
4. Add the dried cranberries (or any other dried fruit you like) and mix them with the rest of the mixture until well combined.
5. Scoop small amounts of mixture into a backing pan. Be careful and leave some space between the cookies because they do spread quite a lot while baking.
6. Bake them for 10-15 mins at medium temperature, or until they get golden brown around the edges.
I hope you give this recipe a try, because is very easy to make and delicious and perfect to Christmas dinner with your loved ones!