I love canned tuna! I have it with pastas, in salads, appetisers and everything you can possibly imagine will go well with tuna, basically.
It’s a very versatile ingredient and it can give you lots of options – you just have to be creative enough!
This time, I thought to show you how I make my all time favourite tuna sandwich. We use this recipe for our meal prep and we have a lovely, filling AND easy dinner at hand throughout the week.
Tuna Sandwich Recipe
Servings: 4| Prep. Time: 10 mins | Waiting Time: n/a | Cook Time: n/a | Difficulty: Easy
- 8 slices of bread
- 150 grams of canned tuna
- a small red onion
- 100 grams corn
- mayonnaise to taste
- olives – a handful (or capers)
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl, add the tuna and mix it well with a fork, to separate all the large chunks of tuna.
2. Add the corn, chopped olives and the onion and mix them all.
3. Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise and mix everything. It should form a mixture of thick consistency. If it’s too dry, add more mayo.
4. Season it with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
5. Spread the mixture in 4 even parts and spread it on a slice of toasted bread.
I like this sandwich with warm, light toasted bread. I add a light layer of butter on each slice of bread, but if you don’t like toast bread, you can just skip this step and use regular bread. It’s still yummy.
The tuna filling should look something like the above. Depending on how much mayonnaise you add it will be dryer or more wet.
Related: How To Make Mayonnaise
I love this recipe because it’s ridiculously easy to make and it’s a perfect alternative for dinner or even lunch on the go.
Quick Tip: this is a great recipe for meal prep – you can double or triple the quantities and store the mixture in an air-tight container for the rest of the week. In this way, you’ll always have a quick, filling dinner on hand. You can also make a salad out of it!
I really hope you give this tuna sandwich recipe a go and please let me know how it turned out for you!